Pages

▼

Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Guns

Eric over at Haus of Guns notes that his was a 20 ga NEF Pardner Shotgun... and as I noted in the comments section, mine was the same but in 12 ga:

Hey! I have one of those (12ga)… it was my first firearm as well.
Its a great small game gun and it has taken a bunch of animals over the years… That gun of mine could tell a lot of stories.
I’ve had maybe one or two misfires out of the bazillian or so shells that I have run through it. I thought I might have broken my nose the first time I ever shot a deer slug through it… it made my eyes water pretty bad.
I’ve found that with one in the pipe and two extra shells held loosely in my left hand, I could get off three rounds fast enough to take three squirrels before they knew what was going on. I also carried a shell holder on the stock. It helped with the limited capacity as well and the added weight helped with recoil. That gun would do just about everything I could ask of it except to take multiple birds in the air.
This, however is what I learned to shoot on (its a Daisy):


Over at God, Gals, Guns, Grub The Marlin Model 60 was first.


What was yours?

4 comments:

  1. .22 Ruger MkII pistol, the bull barrel one... and as a Brit I'm not even allowed that any more :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. S&w mod 38 airweight .38 special, great gun...just cant find any info on the thing!!!! Still have it, works great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruger 10/22. Best rifle in the history of the world!

    ReplyDelete