Quantcast Gunmart Blog | Dedicated to the discussion of Firearms, Shooting Industry News, Handgun Reviews, Gun Reviews, Rifle Reviews, Tactical Gear, Hunting, Concealed Carry, Self Defense, Politics, and anything else of interest that might come along

Friday, July 8, 2011

Speaking of non binding "gun free" zones

I have mentioned several times on this blog that my state has very specific requirements about posting "gun free" zone signs.... the sign must be a specific size, have a specific font size, have a specific wording, be posted at a specific height, etc, etc. Still, I go into stores nearly every week that have non binding signs that dont adhere to the state's legal requirements.... and I always chuckle as a walk right past those signs while legally concealed carrying my gun in their shop.

Well, I went to the local airport (an international airport at that) the other day to pick up a family member who flew into town. Wouldn't you know it, the signage at the airport was not even legally binding as per state law. Ha!

No, I did not carry while there... nor would I. I dont really know if federal law trumps state law in anyway as far as airports are concerned (federal building/jurisdiction or what ever). I also dont want to test the parameters of my civil liberties in that manor either. Thats something that I'll just leave up to the ACLU to address. Yeah, right!