Quantcast Gunmart Blog | Dedicated to the discussion of Firearms, Shooting Industry News, Handgun Reviews, Gun Reviews, Rifle Reviews, Tactical Gear, Hunting, Concealed Carry, Self Defense, Politics, and anything else of interest that might come along

Friday, January 6, 2012

Aimpoint Hunter H34L Review


I can't do an in depth review on this optic because I didn't have the chance to shoot it before I had to send it back to Aimpoint. I really had high hopes of taking this red dot hunting with me this season, but I actually was not able to get my hands on the correct mount to put this on my bolt gun. So, I just wanted to tell you about my hands on experiences with the Hunter H34L and let you know my impressions from getting to play around with it in the limited capacity that I did.


First off, the glass is simply amazing. As I mentioned in my review of the Aimpoint Micro, high quality glass on a red dot sight makes all the difference in the world. The glass on the Hunter red dot is without a doubt some of the best that I have ever seen. Clear, sharp, and definitely high quality. Its astounding. The diameter of the lens also makes this optic extremely impressive... with the only thing that I can really compare it to is watching a big screen high-def TV. Its really something to look through. The 2 MOA dot is full adjustable and is great in any light.

If it can live up to the combat worthy level of ruggedness (and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't - Its incredibly well made) that all other Aimpoint optics are built to, then this would make one hell of a great red dot. It would make a wonderful choice for hunters looking for a short to mid-range hunting optic (dangerous game, hogs, brush gun, etc), and (IMO) it would be the most ideal optic that you could ever put on a scout rifle.

Here are a few more pics:






Here are the tech specs from their website:

GENERAL DATA
Article number12693
TechnologyACET (Advanced Circuit Efficiency Technology)
Working principleReflex collimator sight - red dot sight
OPTICAL DATA
LightsourceLED (Light Emitting Diode) totally eye-safe
Lightsource wavelength650 nm red light
Red dot size in MOA (minute of angle)*2
ParallaxAbsence of parallax -
No centering required
Eye reliefUnlimited
Night vision compatibilityNo
Anti-reflex coating all surfaces & multi-layer coating objective lensYes
MagnificationNo magnification (1X)
ELECTRONIC DATA
BatteryOne 3V Lithium battery, type CR2032
Battery life in hours **50 000 (over 5 years of continuous use)
Dot intensity adjustmentDigital push button
Daylight (DL) settings1 Off & 12 DL
MECHANICAL DATA
Material housingHigh strength aluminum
Surface finishAnodized, semi-matte
Color housingBlack
Adjustment 1 click20mm at 100m, (1/2” at 80yds)
Mounting methods2 Rings, ø 34mm, (ø 1.34”)
ENVIROMENTAL DATA
Temperature range-30° - +60°C, (-20° - +140°F)
Water resistance - submersible toFully waterproof
Radioactive components usedNone
DIMENSIONS
Length229mm, (9.0”)
Maximum distance between rings150mm, (5.9”)
Minimum distance between rings45mm, (1,77”)
Objective diameter47mm, (1.85”)
Tube diameter34mm, (1.34”)
Weight sight only260g, (9.2oz)

* 1 MOA ˜ 30 mm at 100 meters ˜ 1” at 100 yards.

** at room temperature & at start-up setting (7).

No comments:

Post a Comment