Quantcast Gunmart Blog | Dedicated to the discussion of Firearms, Shooting Industry News, Handgun Reviews, Gun Reviews, Rifle Reviews, Tactical Gear, Hunting, Concealed Carry, Self Defense, Politics, and anything else of interest that might come along

Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Guns

Eric over at Haus of Guns notes that his was a 20 ga NEF Pardner Shotgun... and as I noted in the comments section, mine was the same but in 12 ga:

Hey! I have one of those (12ga)… it was my first firearm as well.
Its a great small game gun and it has taken a bunch of animals over the years… That gun of mine could tell a lot of stories.
I’ve had maybe one or two misfires out of the bazillian or so shells that I have run through it. I thought I might have broken my nose the first time I ever shot a deer slug through it… it made my eyes water pretty bad.
I’ve found that with one in the pipe and two extra shells held loosely in my left hand, I could get off three rounds fast enough to take three squirrels before they knew what was going on. I also carried a shell holder on the stock. It helped with the limited capacity as well and the added weight helped with recoil. That gun would do just about everything I could ask of it except to take multiple birds in the air.
This, however is what I learned to shoot on (its a Daisy):


Over at God, Gals, Guns, Grub The Marlin Model 60 was first.


What was yours?

4 comments:

  1. .22 Ruger MkII pistol, the bull barrel one... and as a Brit I'm not even allowed that any more :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. S&w mod 38 airweight .38 special, great gun...just cant find any info on the thing!!!! Still have it, works great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruger 10/22. Best rifle in the history of the world!

    ReplyDelete