Quantcast Gunmart Blog | Dedicated to the discussion of Firearms, Shooting Industry News, Handgun Reviews, Gun Reviews, Rifle Reviews, Tactical Gear, Hunting, Concealed Carry, Self Defense, Politics, and anything else of interest that might come along

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More details emurge about the new XDs .45 ACP

Caleb has a run down of the specs and the scoop on when you can get your hands on one:

  • Caliber: .45 ACP
  • Barrel length: 3.3 inches
  • Sights: Fiber optic front, white dot rear
  • Overall length: 6.3 inches
  • Height: 4.4 inches
  • Weight 29 ounces
  • comes with 2 mags
I spoke with the guys at Springfield Armory about the gun, and it’s shipping right now so it will be on dealer’s shelves soon.  The big question I had was “when will the 9mm version be available?”  The answer was “summer of this year.”

I immediately fell in love with this gun when news first broke... and then I immediately fell out of love with it when I heard that it was 29 oz. Not really a "micro", and as I see it, it does not really pick up any traction over any other .45 carry gun. Yes, it is single stack, but in my mind its not really worth the trade off to only 5+1 rounds when the gun still weighs 29 ounces. It aint but a hair thinner than the Glock 36 (which is also a single stack and holds 6+1) and that thing only weighs 20 ounces.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. good there will be more for me.29oz come on get real it is a .45 !you have to have some weight. I look forward to buying a cople of them.It is what I've been looking for in a ccw .

      Delete